For 4 big patties (120-130g/each)
500g mince beef
50 ml milk
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
6 tbsp olive oil
For the composition
4 sesame buns
2 medium tomatoes
4 cheddar cheese slices (approx 20-30g each)
- Bring a pan on medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves and place them into the pan until caramelized. Put the pan aside.
- Into a large bowl, transfer the caramelized mix, add the breadcrumbs, 4 tbsp olive oil, milk and paprika and beat the mixture with a hand blender until even.
- Add the meat, egg, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley into the large bowl and, wearing gloves, mix all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Let the bowl for at least 1 h into the fridge to bind the mixture together.
- Bake the patties at 180 degrees (350 F) in a fan oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the second onion into thin slices and caramelize them as well in the same pan you used before. Remove from the pan into a small bowl.
- Bring the buns for a couple of seconds on each side and remove into plates them as well. Cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
- When the patties are ready, fry both sides of them for 30-60” each side. Just before you remove them from the pan, add a cheddar slice on each one of them and leave for 10”.
- Place patties on the bottom buns, add the tomato slices, the patties, and top them with ketchup, mustard, pickles, caramelized onions and the top bun. Serve while hot.